Wednesday, May 05, 2004

PENANG HOUSE


Just had lunch by myself. Had to do a few things: 1. pump petrol full tank RM 43.80... 2. withdraw money to pay bills.

So, drove to the nearest petrol station in Putrajaya. Despite Cyberjaya being so-called self supporting .... we don't have a bloody petrol station yet. Grrr.... Anyway pumped a full tank, was hoping the ATM was a RHB at Petronas... nope, no such luck.. Maybank instead... So, drove to the nearest RHB in Precinct-dunno-what. Managed to get a parking immediately in that busy area as some guy vacated his (thank you God for small things like that!!!). Anyways, had to make a decision where to fill my tummy. My choices were (at that building) Baker's St. Bakery, Mamak Nasi Kandar and guess what ... Penang House.... yes, Penang House, a branch of the money-making shop at Cyberjaya Street Mall.

A place where I remember ALWAYS having to wait like centuries for what I always order - Fried Rice ADD egg.... Hmm... went upstairs, opened the door, and there it was... Penang House, smart marketing and tactics and now bringing chinese food to the masses. Waiters and drinks were malay staff but the kitchen and owner all chinese. Man, they are making money. At first the crowd didnt seem to be that many so I decided to take the risk of waiting and order my usual FRIED RICE ADD EGG..... to my horror, there was this big order of like ta pau for the entire office by someone, and I ended up AGAIN waiting like 30 mins for my FRIED RICE ADD EGG... Same restaurant, same grumbling, same fried rice only in Putrajaya.... HAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA.....

No comments: